The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 6,300 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 11 years to get that many views.
Click here to see the complete report.
Just this weekend, my blog celebrated its 1st birthday. Now, it’s reached 5,018 hits–halfway mark to 10,000! I’m a proud mama hee hee. I thought it’d be fun to show the most popular search topics for the past 7 days:
- how to know a leo woman is interested
- intj leo
- the intj stare
- seduce an intj
- intj feeling guilty for not giving people chances
- student essay on river wood fish kill
- write sex scene passion mistake
- intjs and there hawk eyes
As you can see, my INTJ post has gotten a lot of attention. If only we were popular in real life 🙂
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear A Writer’s Blog,
Happy birthday to you.
Tomorrow (November 17th) my blog will officially be 1 year old. How awesome is that? When I was 1, this is what I looked like:
Wasn’t I so cute back then? What happened? Just kidding. I can’t post a picture of what my blog looks like, but I’d like to share some of the highlights of its first year.
My first 3 posts (I was in way over my head; didn’t know how to get blog hits back then):
My first personal tidbit into my life:
My first book review:
My first erotica:
My first guest blogger:
My first blogging award:
Hopefully, A Writer’s Blog will have many more birthdays. Soon, it’ll be getting a sibling–my author website in the beginning of 2013. Can’t wait to see what zodiac sign that will be.
For the past month, my blog has gotten the majority of hits from search engines. Cool beans! It’s always fun to see what topic people searched for, then compare that to posts read that day to see if they would have been disappointed with the results they found.
Here’s a few interesting topics I’ve seen recently:
- other peoples experiences of airports are they intimidating to sensitive people
- what is an annulment yeah
- he’s still not over me and we never dated–Interesting. Wish this person would’ve left a comment. I love gossip!
- head-hopping nora roberts
- fish kill research paper–This will never get old to see. Poor students…
- yvonne hooters
- learn to hooters imitators floot–Too funny
- carton codependents don’t fall in love they take hostages
- chicken wings date rape–What the…? That’s creepy on so many levels!
The majority of searches are always for a certain novel or book reviews, so I’m happy I included a book reviews section. Recently, it seems like someone typed “yawatta hosby book reviews” and my contact page was glanced over. I wonder if someone wants to ask me for a book review. If they do, I’ll make time. Anything to help out fellow writers.
It’s a good feeling to know people are finding my blog slowly, but surely…
I began this blog in November, and I’m proud to say in January I’m at the halfway mark to 1,000 hits!!! As of today, I’m a little over 500 hits, and I couldn’t be more ecstatic.
Thanks to the new and repeated visitors. Thanks to my followers. Because of you, I’m not writing to myself hee hee.
My ultimate goal is to have this blog be search-engine friendly. I do a happy dance everytime I check my blog stats (yes, I’m still at that stage where I obsess over it). Here are some of the popular searches:
- riverwood fish kill
- character sketch for arrogant person
- tale of two ladies
- end of world theories
- how to be a palm reader
- romance novel with asian heroine
- how to create new voice characters
Once again, thanks everyone for getting me to 512 hits so far!!!!