I started the new year laid up in the hospital. I stayed there for three nights in my own private room, my left arm linked to an IV the entire time. Instead of giving up, the experience made me stronger. I hate being anemic, but it is what it is. Finding my inner-peace, I tried to ignore my pain as best I could. It worked. I managed to focus on a couple short stories. If I can find the time to write in a hospital, then I predict my 2017 will be a productive year!
MY 2017 WRITING GOALS:
1. Write at least 250 words a day or at least 10-15 minutes a day
2. Submit short stories to magazines and anthologies
3. Read at least 50 books in the horror and suspense genre
4. Don’t be shy to tell people I’m an author
5. Keep bonding with my critique partners, beta readers, and writing buddies
6. Join at least one online writing class
7. Publish at least 3 novellas
8. Create my own MFA writing program, focusing on teaching myself how to edit on a timely matter, utilizing the 3 act structure, description and setting, imagery and metaphors
9. Write at least 10 short films and direct at least one
10. Submit mini-comics to newspapers and magazines, or at least show my work on Tumblr
11. Protect my writing time, using an official writing spot, a writing schedule, and creating my own writing retreats over the weekends
12. Sign up for book signings and local author events in the area
13. Keep a steady blogging schedule, using blog hops and participating in more guest posts
For all the writers out there, what are your writing goals for 2017?