For anyone who’s been following My Writer’s Blog since the beginning, you’re aware that I started it to document my writing journey as well as my journey on getting published. I had focused on my first novel Something’s Amiss, then NaNoWriMo came into my life, causing me to shift gears toward One By One.
I’m happy to announce that I received my book cover last Monday! I had browsed Absolute Write Forums under Self-Publishing. I found a member offering free services–she wants to build her portfolio so eventually she can start a cover design business.
Sandra Giles was professional and very efficient. I contacted her on November 1st (Thursday) and received my mock cover on November 5th (Monday). After listening to my suggestions, I received my final proof the same day.
Now that I have my book cover image, I need to continue with my business plan:
- Get an author photo taken
- Create an author page on Facebook
- If I could figure out my image widget, then I could display my books on the sidebar
- Write a blurb and add a “One By One” tab to my blog
- Hoping my book release date can be early to mid 2013 (it’ll depend on how long the process takes with editors)
Wish me luck!