Thanks Paige Addams for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I appreciate that you enjoy my blog so much to give me two awards simultaneously.
1. Include blog award logo in your post
2. Thank person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
3. Share 7 things about yourself (keep in mind that children may read this)
4. Nominate 7 bloggers you absolutely relish
5. Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated
7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
- I’m a thinker, not a feeler. Sometimes I over-compensate with emotions through my characters, wishing I was that expressive. Instead, I’m very rational. Sometimes my critique partners in the past have asked me “Where’s the emotion?” so I’ve had to go back and tweak certain scenes. Things that wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me would certainly bother some people.
- I’m an observer. I tend to look people up and down to get a clear picture of their appearance and body movements. Most of the time it’s for jotting down potential characters in my book of observations. It’s pretty funny because sometimes this has landed me in hot water with the opposite sex. If a guy thinks I was checking him out, he could get upset if I don’t respond in the way he likes. That’s happened at least twice.
- I’m a huge procrastinator. I hate when people try and rush me; I like to work on my own time, preferably when it’s close to the deadline. I work best under pressure. My freshmen year in college I took Native American Literature. A 10 page paper was due; we knew about the assignment mid semester. It was supposed to analyze 3 short stories we read during class. I didn’t start the paper until the night before it was due. Talk about a panic attack if something happened to the computer or printer! Anyway, I received an “A” on it. My senior year in college for my accounting class, in a group we had to do an extensive project, regarding financial records as though we were a business. Our company name was Last Minute, and my partner and I didn’t begin the project until 3 days before it was due (had the majority of the semester to work on it). We received an “A” on it.
- I googled ‘how to detect flirty body language’ as research for my latest 90 day novel challenge. For the women side, I don’t do half of what they say constitutes flirting. No wonder a guy can never tell LOL. However, some of the things pointed out, I tend to do that to everyone, whether female or male, so if a guy ever went by that list, they’d probably get the wrong impression. For example, I’m always smiling and engaging in prolonged eye contact with anyone who’s speaking with me. And I always remember little details of someone because I’m a good listener.
- Even though I’m a loner, I love meeting new people and hearing their personal stories. I’ve noticed though that I tend to have seasonal relationships (anyone who’s familiar with the Reason, Season, Lifetime poem will know what I’m talking about). Once I make a friendship, it’s great at the beginning. But it only lasts for a while then it’s a mutual split. I hardly ever make any deep connections with anyone, so when we grow apart, it doesn’t hurt my feelings. I don’t dwell on it; I just move on to the next person when he or she comes along.
- I’m always giving myself social experiments or projects to work on. I love collecting data and analyzing things. I’m an INTJ personality type, so I’m always finding ways to improve myself. For the next 2 weeks, my social experiment is to say hello to strangers and engage in a conversation with them, something more than small talk (oh how I hate small talk). Instead of staying quiet observing everyone, I’ll actually participate in the conversation.
- I’m always thinking ‘what if this happened’ or ‘what if that happened.’ I’ve noticed in my writing, my characters tend to be skeptical of their surroundings as well. Going through some of my old stories, I’ve noticed a lot of questions in the narration. I guess that’s a part of my personality that gets intertwined into my writing style.
MY NOMINATIONS (SORRY IF YOU ALREADY WON; I DIDN’T KNOW)
- Kellie Larsen Murphy
- Sharon C. Cooper
- Shannon A. Thompson
- Samuel Snoek-Brown
- Poppy Writes A Book
- Isabella Louise Anderson
- Nerd Redefined