APR. 14TH – 1,352 WORDS
I’ve listened to music all day. When I say that, I literally mean all day from the moment I woke up to midnight. When I’m creating stories, I listen to certain songs to put me in the desired mood.
For instance, with my NaNo story, I had two songs on constant replay:
- Civil Twilight-Letters From the Sky
For my other story (a drama):
- Mariah Carey-Butterfly
- Mariah Carey-Anytime You Need A Friend
- Brandy, Tamia, Chaka Khan-Missing You
- Avril Lavigne-When You’re Gone
Yes folks. I worked on two stories today, and let me tell ya, my hand was cramped! This morning I worked on NaNo then the rest of the day, I wrote and revised the other one. So that definitely had a higher word count, causing me to turn back on my inner-editor.
Yet, I’m impressed with my word count for today on NaNo as well considering how busy I was having to split my priorities. I’m proud that I took the last half hour at 11:30 PM to bang out more words for NaNo.
- This morning I was only a little over 600, so I knew I had a lot more I needed to cover. Thankfully, I didn’t give up today. That last 30 minutes helped me bring my word count up, and I love that I reached Chapter Three. All the characters have been introduced except one (the stranger to the group).
The sections I created were full of manipulation and deceit; it was fun to write. Tomorrow, I have to work on other stories as well, so I’m prepared to have a word count for NaNo that doesn’t reach my goal again (1,666 words a day). Oh well. Anything’s better than zero. Now, I’m in the habit of keeping track of word count after so many pages or paragraphs. I like seeing how far I’ve come and how much I have left that way I can estimate my time properly for my writing breaks.